Thursday, September 30, 2004

Wednesday was a nice day off of running. I got a good sports massage on Tuesday, and that worked out some soreness in the calves, so I figured an off day was a good idea on Wednesday. This morning, Thursday, the Gazelles workout was a tuneup, 10 x 1:00 fartlek accelerations, 1:00 recovery jog, plus warmup and cooldown. My group was Amy and Joseph and myself, and we had a good time. Took turns leading the pace on the accelerations, and that made it more fun. Our total day just over 5 miles. Average pace during the Fartlek portions somewhere around 8:15/mile, so I feel good about going after 8:00/mile pace at IBM on Sunday. The weather was just great this morning, about 65 degrees. So nice to see the end of the muggy hot mornings from summer time!

Friday is an off day, possibly will do an easy cycle 30 minutes. Saturday, I'll meet Frank at 8:00 am (we get to sleep in!! ) for 4 easy miles, and then the long Gazelles stretch-o-rama. Sunday is race day.

No comments: