Friday, September 24, 2004

Thursday night, I did the marathon pace run, and it went very well. I started at 8:00 pm, and the 10 minute warmup was fine after the always fun first 5 minutes when it seems you can't breathe at all. By the end of the warmup, I was already more or less at pace, so I picked it up only a little bit. Running all around my neighborhood, I knocked off some 4.6 miles during my 40 minutes at tempo, and although it felt relaxed, I was surprised to find that I had averaged around 8:40/mile during that segment. Except for a few of the steeper hills, I wasn't working excessively hard, and that was very encouraging. Settling down for the cooldown 10 minutes felt like I was crawling along, and that portion was even at 9:15 pace, just over my current marathon race pace idea for Freescale 2005. It was a good workout. Everything feels fine, no aches, no pains. I'm looking forward to a full rest day on Friday, though.

No comments: