Saturday, September 25, 2004

Today was a 10 mile recovery run, or at least that's what was advertised. I found myself running with the faster people this morning, and we knocked off the 10 miles in an average pace of something like 8:53/mile. Way faster than my usual long run pace, of course.

It felt good, though, and I was pretty conversational throughout the run, so it must have been an okay pace. Only two stops for water, about a minute each, and we were steady throughout.

Finished it off with 6x100m strides and the long stretching regimen with Gilbert.

It was a good day at the Running Office. Very good.

I also learned the drill for the Monday Fartlek workout, so I'll be ready for that. Sunday is a 7 miler leading the beginner group for Galloway, which really will be a recovery run effort.

I'm starting to think bigger thoughts regarding my running goals...but there's work to do.

No comments: