Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Recovery Runnin'

I got a chance this morning to join my friends for a little recovery run tour of the Town Lake trail, and it was a nice time. I met up with Alex, Frank, Brian and Lou for a 7 miler, and we had some fun. Just one quick water stop at Mopac, and that was it. Solid running, just over 7 miles at around 9:23/mile pace, including water stop time. Weather was the same old story, but for this workout, it wasn't an issue, really. We told some tales and generally just enjoyed the ride today. We were good boys and did our 6 striders afterwards (Alex went for extra credit and knocked out 8 striders).

I got a chance to hang out with Sean once the Tues/Thurs crew made its way back from doing Zilker 1000m repeats, and it was good to catch up on what he's been doing.

That was the day. Wednesday, I won't be able to run with my usual crew, so I'll go out for another easy run on my own, and will join up with the Thursday bunch for 800m repeats instead.

No comments: