Wednesday, August 23, 2006

GymStuff

Today was weird, because it was a Wednesday in Austin, and I wasn't out there with my fellow Gazelles knocking down speedwork. Our family schedules required my presence in the morning here, so I took the opportunity to go to the gym instead. It's been a while since I've been, and I really needed to get back in the swing of things. I did a full body workout, and of course, some of the exercises gave me notice that I've missed for a while. Still, it was a refreshing restart to the gym work that is so important. I did 30 minutes of indoor cycling as a warmup, too, instead of a short run, and that seemed to suit the situation as well.

It was a fine workout, but I'm sure I'll be at maximum soreness on Friday as a result of it.

Tomorrow, I'll get to join the Thursday Gazelles for whatever speedwork they're doing (I think it's 800m repeats). Hope I can find a group to pace with!

No comments: