Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Froeliche Neue Jahr!

Or something like that. My Deutsch isn't what it once was... :-)

I hope the fledgling New Year finds all of you hale and hearty (and not too hungover, if you partied hard last night). This morning, I got caught up in the Twilight Zone Marathon on the Sci-Fi Channel, digging on those tasty nuggets of TV written and hosted by the incomparable Rod Serling. When I was finally able to avert my eyes, I was then distracted by the bowl games. Finally, about 3:00, I dragged my carcass off the couch, put on running togs, and headed out into a beautiful 50 degree, sunny day. What a glorious way to start the new year!

I had a nice little cruise around the 'Hood and back on the trails behind the 'Hood, enjoying the weather, running nice and easy. These recovery runs are so good for me, but I've neglected them in 2007. I hope to rectify that issue this year. I had fun on the occasionally rocky trails, and I only fell once, late in the run, when my attention wandered just enough...boom! No harm done, though, just a scrape on one of my hands.

For the day, a very easy 4.7 miles in about 46 minutes. I told you it was easy running! Legs feel great, and I know that the magic of the recovery run will help purge any remaining junk from my legs that remains from the mile repeats. Tomorrow will be a fun fartlek workout with the herd.

No comments: