Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Chillin' In The 'Hood

Ah, yes...if it's Tuesday, we've got a brand new weather situation here in Austin. Just last week, it was lovely, crisp and cool. Yesterday, not so good, but okay, and today we're well into the 70s again. I suppose it could be worse, though. :-)

So, today I managed to visit the gym for the first time in eons. Okay, maybe not eons in the dictionary sense of the word, but it's been quite a while. I sidled into Gold's this morning, and found that yesterday's circuit training had left some sore spots in my weak core. I'll take that as a sign that work needs to be done. Anyway, I won't relate each and every exercise, but I did an introductory round of stuff, single sets, on core (planks, crunches, etc.) and legs. I felt better having completed any sort of gym workout, and now that the ice is broken, future visits won't be such a mental chore. And, yes, the Resolution members were out in good numbers, but at this point, I'm essentially a Resolution member, so I will leave those folks alone.

Once I got home, I changed and went out in the 'Hood for an easy hour's run. 6.4 miles, exactly one hour, 9:19/mile. It was warmer and bright sun, but still a nice day for a run. Everything checked out okay, and by mile two, I was working through any residual soreness from yesterday's lunges and today's leg weights.

So, for compliance with the Program, I'll give myself a solid grade. I'm not quite back to full sets of gym work yet, but that will come as long as I continue to go there.

Tomorrow, 4-5 x 2000m repeats. Yowzah! I could probably slink through the workout and just do 3 x 2000m, but I'm going to approach it as a 4 x 2000m day, and if I manage things properly, then I'll go ahead and do all 5 repeats. Should be interesting.

No comments: