Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I Feel Good!

"Like I knew that I would, now..." - James Brown

It was simply wonderful out there this morning! Since Frank has this week off, we met a little later, at 7:00am, and we started from the Rock underneath Mopac. It was just the two of us, and on a day when it was crisp, clear, and maybe 35 degrees out there, it was a really fun little run. Frank and I don't get a lot of opportunities to run alone, so runs like today are a welcome change from the larger group running activities. We got a chance to get caught up on life at our respective households, we got to tell a few funny stories, and shared some humorous memories from the distant past. There weren't many folks out there on the trail, and we really enjoyed the morning. The running was what it was supposed to be, nice and relaxed. We ended up just under 7 miles at 9:10/mile pace, and that was perfect. I was a little stiff and sore yesterday, two days after the 20 miler, but I felt great during and after this run today. Mission accomplished.

After chatting a little while longer, Frank had to get home, and I went up to the gym to keep my newfound resolution alive. Today at Gold's, I did the core and leg workouts. Before I got going, I stretched for 15 minutes or so, just the most essential stretches to continue the healing process from Saturday's long run. Bumped back up to double sets of the core stuff, and although it was a struggle on those last few reps on some exercises, it was a good kind of struggle. On the leg stuff, I did full double sets on everything except the 4-way hip machine, where I did single sets on all those exercises. I did some easy stretching between sets, and especially on the calf raises, I needed that between rounds. Them calves is tight! [sic]

So, a very successful workout day, and it was time to go home and start the Christmas decoration removal process.

No comments: