Monday, April 21, 2008

Mile Repeats

This morning was pretty muggy, but it was still reasonable conditions that we'll be begging for in a few months. It's just such a drag when the last nice cool spell comes and goes. Sigh...

Gilbert was back today after his London trip and his subsequent trip to meet Chuck Norris. Really. Apparently, the Chuckster was a nice guy, and knew all about Gilbert, so G had a very nice experience meeting one of his childhood heroes. That's a good thing. I'm glad that Norris did some research and he seemed to enjoy meeting and talking with Gilbert.

As for today's running, we went for mile repeats on the traditional rolling course at Zilker Park. I found my new group once we got there, and settled in for 3 repeats. I'm still slowly returning to training, but I turned in respectable times of 8:00, 7:56 and 8:10 for my three laps. Way off of my PB for this workout, but not too bad today. My HR numbers weren't pegged like they were with the 400s last week, so that was a sign that I was pacing better today.

I had a nice relaxed run back to RunTex with Courtney, Marty and Mary Ann(?), and spent some time getting in a good stretching session once we were done. My hamstrings were pretty tight and sore, so I'll dig into those later on with the foam roller, etc.

For the day, about 6.8 miles. I feel better every day that I stay on my running path, and I hope that things get better sooner rather than later.

No comments: