Saturday, December 15, 2007

EZ Runnin'

Today, I took my first running steps since the marathon. I met up with Dorothy nice and late (7:30am), and we took a little journey around LBLake. For the first time in a while, the sun was out, and it was crisp and clear. We chatted all the way around, and generally had a fun time. My legs felt really great, with no pains or soreness to speak of. All things considered, it was a great little run. I did 4 striders afterwards, and those went well, too. Happy happy joy joy, blah blah blah. :-)

I scored 4.75 miles, 9:18/mile pace, good things all around. It was great to see everyone again, after being sort of out of the loop for a couple of weeks. We got to move indoors into the Annex for stretching, which was a treat in the breezy conditions outdoors. Stretching was fun as usual.

So, a good start to the post-marathon weeks was had. I'll visit the gym next week and run every other day, more or less, as I do the old reverse taper to get back up to full training volume.

No comments: