Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another Fall Tease?

This morning was just great! It was 62 degrees for our 7 mile recovery cruise, and that was a welcome change. I broke in my newest pair of Creations today, and just generally had fun. Brian, Alex, Frank, Rachel and Emily joined up for the trip, and it was a nice convivial journey. Alex used the word "phalanx" correctly in describing something, which was pretty funny. I had a delayed reaction to it, and caught up with him later to laugh about vocabulary and some commonly misspelled words. Okay, it doesn't sound like fun, maybe, if you have a grammar phobia that still remains from school days, but it was to us. :-)

Strides at Auditorium Shores finished off the running, and then Rachel, Alex and I did some stretching. Just a nice relaxing day of running...

After all that, I finally made my way back to the gym for essential leg exercises. The weight work on recovery run days really helps complete the recovery process, and I've been a slacker about the gym since late July. Ugggh. Anyway, I just popped in for the full leg exercise routine, and everything checked out just fine. If all goes well, I might just visit the gym tomorrow after the tempo race for upper body and core exercises. We'll see.

For the day, 7 miles, more or less, at 9:43/mile average pace, including a water stop of 1:40 at Mopac. It was another really good HR day, too, so that's a sign that we're doing these right.

No comments: