Thursday, July 06, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle

This morning wasn't bad, temperature-wise, but it was maximum humidity time. So, it was a little steamy and jungle-like for our little 7 mile recovery cruise. Nothing new, but it's still special to finish off a run looking like you've run through a sprinkler. :-)

Anyway, Richard, Thon, Frank and I met up at 6:00 for the I-35 loop. After being all excited yesterday about how good I felt after the race, the second day delayed onset soreness jumped on me with a vengeance this morning. That should teach me, huh? I felt fine after a mile or so, but it was a slow start for me. We had fun chatting away, and took a quick stop at Mopac for nice cool water. After that stop, Frank and I found ourselves running away from Thon and Richard for some reason. We weren't intentionally pressing the pace or anything, but it was just a case of folks finding two different versions of what a recovery run was today. No worries.

Frank and I covered all the usual important topics of conversation while we rolled along, and our pace slowly improved all the way to the finish. We didn't blast out any crazy miles, but our last one was 8:39. With the water stop time included, we had a comfortable 9:22/mile pace for the day, right on target. I persuaded Frank to join me for striders, and we did 6 of those. I needed them today to loosen up my legs a little more after the run.

We saw the regular Gazelles returning from their circuitry, and soon caught up with them at RunTex to find out what new tortures Gilbert had dreamed up for them. They were all a little weary after some new circuit items. We got off lucky yesterday with Kenny! After chatting away with the peeps, I took off for the gym. For the day, just over 7 miles.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Ah, yes. The pirates from Tuesday at the lake have arrrrrrrrrived on the Blog! They were quite something, in a sort of heavily tattooed way.