Thursday, July 27, 2006

Gymtastic

For a minor taper for Saturday's 5K, I went to the gym today and cycled instead of doing an easy run. 20 minutes on the indoor cycle, and I think I've found the proper level to set the machine. Good warmup. A short bout of stretching, and then it was time to get on with the festivities.

Solid core workout with floor exercises and planks, then leg weights. Usual machines, but today I bumped up to 180 lbs on leg press, and it didn't seem all that different than 160. Summers, for me, are about building strength, so this fits right in with my program. Upper body stuff went well, too, and I did the whole full body workout, including cycle warmup, in 1:15. Fairly efficient.

The rest of the day included more cross training as I mowed the yard in the noonday sun, and various errands to get ready for my trip this weekend. I'll report from Asheville, hopefully, given the miracle of the Internet, so I'll see you (virtually) soon.

No comments: