Saturday, April 01, 2006

Easy running...

This morning, it was an easy 30 minutes of running on the trail with the gang. We rolled through about 3.2 miles in those 30 minutes, and although I felt a little heavy-legged, everything else checked out just fine. Most of my normal gang was there, and Alex and Marcy even joined us for the slow stroll. After that, we knocked out 6x100m striders as we watched the Dillo Run for kids finish at Auditorium Shores.

Gilbert wanted to do some filming for use at his public talks in the future, so we trundled over to a far corner of the park to do the balance drills and some more striding for the cameras. It was actually fun, but the day was starting to be a little longer than it needed to be. At any rate, after all that, we met up over at RunTex for the stretching session, and then the day was done. I chatted with Pete, Alex and Colleen for a bit, and then scooted out of there. I guess I'm ready for tomorrow's 10K race. We'll see.

Oh, yeah, I picked up my 15th pair of Wave Creations yesterday since my November pair are truly dead.

Goals for tomorrow:
Relaxed goal: 47:52 masters PR (This should be fine, if the weather cooperates)
Push it goal: 47:00 next round number time (Again, based on training, I should be there...)
Really Push It Goal: 46:25 Lifetime PR set way back when in 1993
Crazy Goal: 46:00 another round number time (7:24 pace should be within reach...)

No comments: