Monday, August 27, 2007

EZ Runnin' + Strides

Today, Gilbert gave us an easy day after the hard long run on Saturday. We took a relaxed cruise around the 7 mile loop at Lady Bird Lake, followed by 10 x 100m striders. I started off with a small pack of people, but after about 2 miles, I found myself running alone, and that was okay, I guess. As the run wore on, I actually picked it up a little each mile, and it continued to feel pretty casual. I made a couple of micro-stops for water since we could, and still ended up with a 9:30/mile overall pace, including the water stop time. HR numbers were good, and my legs actually felt great from the start. Often, I'm a bundle of stiff and sore leg muscles on these Monday workouts, but today, no such problems. Cool.

The striders weren't too bad, either. I experienced none of the usual first strider clumsiness, and by the time we were done, I was feeling pretty sporty.

For the day, 7 miles of easy running and probably 800 meters of striders. I got in a quick 15 minute stretching session before scooting off to get Jake on the school bus. The first day of school was not as exciting for Jake and Sarah this year, as they enter 8th and 9th grade, but I think they are secretly happy that another school year is underway. Maybe. :-)

1 comment:

shannon said...

Jay's blog is back! Yea!