Tuesday, July 03, 2007

GymStuff [Entered 7/4/07]

Tuesday, I failed to do the recovery run. Oh, well. But, I did get to the gym for a nice workout, so I'll give myself a "B minus" for the day. Started with a different cycle, one like the model they use in spinning class, and it did feel smoother than the electronic versions that I've been using. Just 12 minutes on that to get my legs warm. Then, I did a good long stretching routine, which felt great. Core workout was floor exercises and the evil Roman Chair exercises, and I was surprised to find that I wasn't too sore from yesterday's circuit workout. On legs, I really piled it on. I did the full routine, and experimented with emphasizing the negative (lowering) cycle of each repetition, which did make the exercises more difficult. I also incorporated the idea of moving from larger, more complex muscle groups to smaller, more specific ones, and that changed the way some of the exercises felt. All in all, I was pleased with the workout, and no one broke into my car this time, so I'll score this as a success. :-)

No comments: