Thursday, February 19, 2004

Well, I've been working on my training plan for the Spring, leading up to the Indianapolis 500 Mini Marathon in May, referencing Jeff Galloway, Hal Higdon, and Bob Glover's various ideas on half marathon training. This week and next are basically recovery weeks following Motorola, but after that, it'll be time to get back to speedy stuff for the spring. I may try joining Gilbert's Gazelles training program for a 6 week cycle, to get the benefit of an actual hands-on coach twice a week for form work and speed training. It would mean getting up early enough to get there by 6:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm not sure how that would fit into things.

Worked out the old Troggs song "Love Is All Around" today, in both DADGAD and standard tuning, so I'll play with it over the next few days and see which way I prefer it, and then I'll make a little demo recording of it for my own amusement.

Have watched with amusement the rantings of the Boston Red Sox owner, railing against the Yankees and saying that Baseball needs a salary cap to keep the game sacred...this from the owner of the team SECOND in payroll in the entire industry. While a cap is probably needed, we certainly don't need to hear about it from the guy who has authorized more payroll than all teams but one.

No comments: